Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli

I love a book that challenges my worldview and enlarges my perspective.   The Art of Thinking Clearly does both. Mr. Dobelli has spent years compiling a list of logical fallacies and cognitive errors. A healthy spread of applications from business to personal affairs makes the material very readable.  I personally loved the short, bite sized chapters.   This 358 page book is divided into 99 chapters making it easy to read a little bit here and a little bit there.

Overall, I feel that I am better equipped to evaluate big decisions in a logical manner.

On a side note, Mr. Dobelli missed one of the key cognitive errors I deal with on a daily basis.  I call it the PBJ Phenomenon.   It's the lapse in linear thought that is a result of trying to keep a middle school boy full.  Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner?  Those are merely 3 meals in an 8 meal day.  Perhaps,  we'll see a revised edition in the future.  










No comments:

Post a Comment